Thursday, October 19, 2023

Faith Fights




When the world tells me God isn’t there, faith fights. 

When circumstances scream God doesn’t care, faith fights. 

When the ground around me crumbles and shakes, faith fights. 

When it’s my joy Satan tries to take, faith fights. 

When loved ones say goodbye, faith fights. 

When you cry so much the tears run dry, faith fights. 

When you give all you have but they expect more, faith fights. 

When you fall on your knees and pray, but feel ignored, faith fights. 


Faith fights. 


Faith is the shield that guards my heart; 

Faith is the measure by which mountains parts. 

Faith is belief in the One we cannot see; 

Faith is knowing that without Him, there’s no me. 


Faith fights. 


Faith is not mild, timid, nor weak; 

Faith is firm, steadfast, and complete.

Faith is the authority by which I speak.


Faith fights.


Faith fights through the struggles, storms, and tears;

Faith is more powerful than all my fears.

Faith reminds me God is near.

 

Faith fights. 


Believe it’s written so it is true.

Fight the good fight of faith; 

Trust God’s faithfulness to fight for you.  



-DNelson

Originally published 3/13/13

Revised 10/19/23


No comments:

Post a Comment